Dr Simon Walton
BSc (hons), PhD
Research Associate in Visualisation
- Video visualisation/summarisation
- Volume visualisation
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science, Swansea University, 2004
- PhD Computer Science (GPU-based Volume Deformation), Swansea University, 2007
- Research Assistant, Swansea University, 2009-2011
For the most up-to-date list, please refer to my ORCID.
- Sungahn Ko, Shehzad Afzal, Simon Walton, Yang Yang, Junghoon Chae, Abish Malik, Yun Jang, Min Chen, David Ebert, Analyzing High-dimensional Multivariate Network Links with Integrated Anomaly Detection, Highlighting and Exploration, Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (IEEE VAST) 2014
- S. Walton, E. Maguire, and M. Chen, Multiple Queries with Conditional Attributes (QCATs) for Anomaly Detection and Visualization, In Proceedings of the Eleventh Workshop on Visualization for Cyber Security (VizSec '14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 17-24. DOI=10.1145/2671491.2671502
- B. Duffy, J. Thiyagalingam, S. Walton, D. J. Smith, .A. Trefethen, J. C. Kirkman-Brown, E. A. Gaffney and. M. Chen, Glyph-based video visualization for semen analysis, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. Online preprint was available in 2013
- M. Chen, S. Walton, K. Berger, J. Thiyagalingam, B. Duffy, H. Fang, C. Holloway, and A. E. Trefethen, Visual multiplexing, Computer Graphics Forum, 33(3):241-250, 2014.
- S. Walton, K. Berger, D. Ebert and M. Chen, Vehicle object retargeting from dynamic traffic videos for real-time visualisation, The Visual Computer, Springer, 30(5):493-505, 2014.
- S. Walton., K. Berger, J. Thiyagalingam, B. Duffy, H. Fang, C. Holloway, A. E. Trefethen, and M. Chen, Visualizing cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) imagery: Challenges and opportunities. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology, 115(2-3):349-358, 2014.
- S. Ko, S. Afzal, S. Walton, Y. Yang, J. Chae, A. Malik, Y. Jang, M. Chen, and D. Ebert. Analyzing high-dimensional multivariate network links with integrated anomaly detection, highlighting and exploration. to appear in Proc. IEEE VAST 2014.
- S. Khan, K. J. Proctor, S. Walton, R. Bañares-Alcántara, and M. Chen. A study on glyph-based visualisation with dense visual context. to appear in Proc. Computer Graphics and Visual Computing (CGVC), 2014
- Brian Duffy, Jeyarajan Thiyagalingam, Simon Walton, David J. Smith, Anne Trefethen, Jackson C. Kirkman-Brown, Eamonn A. Gaffney and Min Chen, Glyph-Based Video Visualization for Semen Analysis, to appear in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 2014.
- Jeyarajan Thiyagalingam, Simon Walton, Brian Duffy, Anne Trefethen, and Min Chen: Complexity Plots, To appear in Computer Graphics Forum: The International Journal of the Eurographics Association (Special Issue on EuroVis 2013) (bibtex)
- B. Duffy, A. Dasgupta, R. Kosara, S. Walton, and M. Chen: Measuring Visual Complexity of Cluster-Based Visualizations, CoRR, 2013 (bibtex) (PDF)
- Walton, S., Eslambolchilar, P., Smart Phones, Operating Systems and Google Android, Queen Mary University (Publisher), June 2011
- Walton, S., Eslambolchilar, P., Rettie, R., Harries, T., Burchell, K., bActive - An Android App to Make You More Active, Queen Mary University (Publisher), June 2011
- Thesis - GPU-based Volume Deformation (2007) (PDF)
- S. Walton and M. W. Jones, Interacting with Volume Data: Deformations using Forward Projection, Fourth International Conference on Medical Information Visualisation -- BioMedical Visualisation (MediVis 2007), 48--53, (IEEE July 2007) [ISBN 0-7695-2904-6] (bibtex)
- S.J. Walton and M.W. Jones, Volume Wires : A Framework for Empirical Non-linear Deformation of Volumetric Datasets, Journal of WSCG 2006, ISSN 1213-6972, Vol. 14, 2006 (bibtex)
- M. Chen, C. Correa, S. Islam, M.W. Jones, P.-Y. Shen, D. Silver, S.J. Walton and P.J.Willis, Manipulating, deforming and animating sampled object representations, Computer Graphics Forum, 26(4):824-852, 2007. first presented in Eurographics 2005, State of the Art Report, Dublin. (bibtex)
Read a Q&A with Dr Walton.