We have a few exciting research projects on bioimage informatics for biology. If you are interested in working with me, you should bring your own funding in the form of a scholarship with you (see the Fellowships section below).
BioImage Informatics for Microbial Biology
Investigating critical developmental transitions via imaging, image analysis and mathematical modellingProject details:
- Department of Plant Sciences and Oxford e-Research Centre
- Dr Mark Fricker, Dr Vicente Grau, Dr Boguslaw Obara
BioImage Informatics for Systems Biology
- Oxford e-Research Centre and Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
- Dr Vicente Grau, Dr Boguslaw Obara, Prof. Keith Gull, Dr Steve Kelly, Dr Bill Wickstead
Modelling redox control of cell proliferation and hair tip growth in the Arabidopsis rootProject details:
- Centre for Mathematical Biology (Mathematical Institute), Department of Plant Sciences and Oxford e-Research Centre
- Prof. Philip Maini, Dr Mark Fricker, Dr Alex Fletcher, Dr James Osborne, Dr Vicente Grau, Dr Boguslaw Obara
These are some ideas for MSc dissertations. The list of projects is not exclusive and students can always suggest a topic themselves. Proposed projects would suit students with interests in the following areas: image analysis and processing, biology and microscopy. Possible projects:
- New algorithm to extract centreline of 2D objects. Application to trypanosome cells.
MS, PhD and PostDoc Fellowships
Fellowships offered by funding organisations target researchers at various stages of their career.
Funding for Undergraduates, Graduates and PostDocs - recommended webpages:
Selected Early Career Fellowships (MS and PhD):
Selected Mid Career Fellowships (PostDoc)
For more information, please contact:
- Dr Boguslaw Obara
- E-mail: boguslaw [dot] obara [AT] oerc [dot] ox [dot] ac [dot] uk