Susanna Assunta Sansone, PhD
phone: 01865 610622
full profile: uk.linkedin.com/in/sasansone
I am Associate Director at the University of Oxford e-Research Centre and I also work at Nature Publishing Group as data consultant and Honorary Academic Editor for Scientific Data, an open access data publication platform.
As Principal Investigator at the Centre, my activities are around and in support of data curation, management and publication and their pivotal roles in enabling reproducible research, driving science and discoveries. I focus on life science, environmental and biomedical domains, collaborating with data producers and service providers, and pre-competitive informatics initiatives, journals and funding agencies to develop software and promote the creation and uptake of community-developed ontology and standards. I am a founding and/or core member of several international grass-root standards.
- PhD: Imperial College London, UK
- BSc, MSc: Università degli Studi di Napoli 'Federico II', Italy
UK-China: common standards and curation practices
- Team Coordinator at EMBL-EBI, UK
- Senior Research Scientist at Microscience Ltd (now Emergent BioSolutions), UK
- Research Scientist at Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale del Mezzogiorno, Italy