James Martin Fellow
Oxford e-Research Centre
University of Oxford
My main research interests are on high performance /parallel computing, parallel algorithms and energy efficient computing.
- High Performance Computing
- Parallel Algorithms
- Optimisation of large-scale libraries
- Energy efficient computing
- Algorithms : The idea is to alter the algorithms to alter the energy consumption.
- Energy Measurement and Profiling Package (EMPPACK)
- Benchmarks for establishing energy efficiency.
- Automatic compiler transformations for minimising energy requirements
- Target tracking and estimation
- Data association, assignment and auction problems
Image Processing / Segmentation algorithms / automatic image analysis for characterising structural parameters of organs using image analysis
In the past, I have worked on Parallelising compilers (especially on parallelising array languages to modern architectures such as CUDA) and on the development of High Level domain specific languages for performance programming.
GPUGen: Automatic Parallelisation of Array Programs to CUDA
Parallel MATLAB, Sample applications developed with the parallel constructs are here
- Principles of Parallel Programming - Parallel MATLAB
- GPU programming with high-level abstractions
- Discrete Maths, Object Oriented Programming and Imperative Programming
- Anne Trefethen, Jeyan Thiyagalingam, Energy-Aware Software: Challenges, Opportunities and Strategies, Journal of Computational Sciences, July 2012
- Jeyan Thiyagalingam, Anne Trefethen, Mathematical Libraries and Energy Efficiency, SIAM Conference on Paralle lProcessing for Scientific Computing (SIAM PP12), Savanah, USA, Feb 2012
- Jeyan Thiyagalingam, Daniel Goodman, Julia Schnabel, Anne Trefethen, Vicente Grau, On the usage of GPU for Efficient Motion Estimation in Medical Image Sequences, Int. Journal of Biomedical Imaging, Accepted, 2011
- Jeyan Thiyagalingam and Anne Trefethen, Towards Developing Energ Aware Algorithms, MRSC 2011, Bristol, UK, 2011
Jing Guo, Wendell Rodrigues,Jeyan Thiyagalingam, Frederic Guyomarch, Sven-Bodo Scholz, Pierre Boulet, Breaking the GPU Programming Barrier with the Auto-Parallelising SAC Compiler, HIPS/IPDPS, 2011
Jing Guo, Jeyan Thiyagalingam, Sven-Bodo Scholz, Breaking the GPU Programming Barrier with the Auto-Parallelising SAC Compiler, DAMP 2011
Mihai Duta, Jeyan Thiyagalingam, Anne Trefethen, Ayush Goyal, Vicente Grau, Nic Smith, Parallel Simulation for Parameter Estimation of Optical Tissue Properties, EuroPar 2010, European Conference on Parallel Computing, Springer LNCS 6272, 2010
Jing Guo, Jeyan Thiyagalingam, Sven-Bodo Scholz, Towards Compiling Sac to CUDA, Trends in Functional Programming, Volume 10, 2009
Previous publications can be found here
- Visiting Research Fellow, University of Bristol, Department of Computer Science, Micro-electronics Group.
- PC Member, SC'12
- PC Member, ISC'13
- Technical expert in the European Exascale Software Initiative (EESI2)
- Member of the iCT/KTN SEWG