Research Associate (KTP)
Dr Saiful Khan is currently working on a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between the Centre and Horus Security Consultancy on a scalable data storage system that can quickly retrieve usable, quality data to support intelligence-led security decision-making.
His research interests include Information Visualization, Information Retrieval, and Data Management.
Previous Positions / Education
• Scientific Software Developer, Data Visualization, International Seismological Centre, 2016-2017
• Research Officer, Oxford e-Research Centre, 2015-2016
• DPhil, Engineering Science (Information Visualization), University of Oxford, 2012-2016
• MS, Computer Science, Unversity of Malaya, Malaysia, 2010-2011
• Member Technical Staff, Oracle, 2007-2009
• Software Engineer, ABB, 2005-2007
• BTech, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Silchar, India, 2001-2005
• Online Live Data Management and Information Organisation
• Visual Bulletin Analysis System
• Visualization Assisted Enterprise Search Engine
• Ontology-asisted Provenance Visualization for Supporting Enterprise Search of Engineering and Business Files . Saiful Khan, Urszula Kanturska, Tom Waters, James Eaton, Rene Banares-Alcantara, and Mind Chen. In: A dvanced Engineering Informatics, 30(2) : 244-257, 2016.
• A Study on Glyph-based Visualization with Dense Visual Context . Saiful Khan, Karl J Proctor, Simon Walton, Rene Banares-Alcantara, and Min Chen. In: Computer Graphics and Visual Computing (GCVC), The Eurographics Association, 73-80, 2014.
• A Study on Glyph-based Visualisation with Dense Visual Context , Computer Graphics and Visual Computing (CGVC), University of Leeds, UK, September 2014.
• Cyclically Animated Glyphs for Dense Visual Context , Oxford e-Research Centre, University of Oxford, May 2013.
• The Routing Performance of Logarithmic-hop Structured P2P Overlay , IEEE Conference on Open Systems (ICOS), Malaysia, September 2011.