- NVIDIA whitepaper on the entry-level Maxwell GPU
- NVIDIA blog post and AnandTech article on new Pascal GPU
- NVIDIA's new dgx-1 machine learning system with 8 Pascal GPUs
- DoE announcement about future IBM / NVIDIA supercomputers
- Additional news items from AnandTech
- HPCwire article on Pascal upgrade to Swiss Piz Daint system
Personal opinion (Mike Giles)
NVIDIA is the dominant leader in GPU / accelerator computing, with many supercomputers now using their GPUs.
The current Maxwell generation of GPUs includes a range of chips for laptops and PCs -- the high-end HPC chips are arriving now with the next generation Pascal GPUs with stacked memory with a bandwidth of 720GB/s.
The links to the Tegra X1 GPU are included because (as with Intel's Xeon D CPU) it represents an alternative possibility for future HPC system, that they may be built out of huge numbers of these very low-power GPUs. It's not a likely scenario today, but a possibility for the future.