e-Research South consortium gathers speed
The Oxford e-Research Centre was pleased today to host the kick-off meeting for e-Research South, a new consortium which brings together the STFC e-Science Group with Southampton, Reading and Oxford Universities.
The e-Research South Mission
e-Research South aims to create a sustainable research platform across participating organisations and their collaborators by applying innovative computing technology to interdisciplinary problems of increasing scale and complexity.
e-Research South Activities
The e-Research South Consortium aims to build a vibrant regional activity leveraging the individual consortium parts to create a significantly more valuable whole.
Driven by specific application areas and building on existing e-Infrastructure technologies and leveraging partner activities e-Research South will:
- enhance ease of use, uptake and ‘accessibility’
- develop know-how and tools for dealing with research data
- provide development of and access to advanced visualisation,
- create a regional community,
- provide opportunities for public engagement with science