ICT Officer (2 yr fixed term)
- £26,004 - £31,020pa
- Closing Date
- Friday 17th August '12, 12.00pm
1. User Support
Providing full technical support for networked computers and associated peripherals installed in the Centre, ensuring that the IT needs of all users are met. Responsibility for:
- First-line determination of hardware, software and networking faults on new and existing computers and peripherals, dealing with repairs.
- Providing support and encouragement to end users for key issues such as backing up of data and protection against computer viruses, induction of new staff and visitors as appropriate.
- Obtaining quotes for appropriate hardware and software, and its installation and configuration.
- Maintain connectivity of telephones using building hardwiring.
2. Infrastructure and Services
- Maintain the office infrastructure including e-mail and file store servers as well as central network services. Advise on growth of services as the Centre requirements change.
- Act as point of contact between the Centre and the University’s Computing service, managing and developing the Centre’s IT infrastructure according to its specifications.
- Ensuring supplier maintenance contracts are updated when required; setting up user accounts and maintaining user quotas; restoring data from backups where necessary; maintenance and enforcement of an efficient anti-virus regime; adding security patches to computers as required.
- Management of the departmental firewall including configuration of new openings according to user requirements and security analysis.
- Be responsible for the departmental PAT testing and Asset Register.
- Be part of the departmental computer support team which includes support for HPC systems where appropriate such as sickness/holiday cover.
3. Planning and development
Providing advice on the most suitable processes for ongoing and new requirements.
- Managing and implementing a replacement programme for hardware and software according to recommendation from the Computing Service and within the constraints of financial allocations.
The postholder will be line managed by Mr Luke Raimbach.
You will be required to upload a cv and supporting statement as part of your online application which is found on the University Jobs site by searching for vacancy number 103618.