Booking & Using the Oxford e-Research Centre Access Grid Facilities
To book the main Oxford e-Research Centre Access Grid Room please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Services we provide
- Access Grid video conferencing using INSORS/IOCOM software and a AGSC based Virtual Venue Server
- Video Conferencing using H.323 with Polycom PVX.
- A video stream of a desktop screen can be viewed on all machines using the INSORS software
- Also support Skype, WebEx.
Usage and charges
The basic charge for room and node operator hire is £50 per hour
- If an operator is not required then there is no charge, but there must be a properly trained user present in order to set up the machine for the meeting
- Similarly, if the meeting is not within the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm there must be a properly trained user present to set up the meeting, as well as an arrangement to be let in the building as the main reception entrance is only open within those hours
- To book training or to arrange for someone to let you in the building for out of hours meetings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also please make sure to give at least 2 weeks notice before the meeting is to take place in order to ensure there will be the appropriate staff available for you
Before the meeting can take place there is some specific information we will need either from you or from whoever you are arranging to liaise with.
- What software are they using?
- If using Access Grid software then what virtual venue will they be in? (Virgo AGSC or possibly Robert AGSC)
- If using H323 then what is the IP Address of their machine? (Please note we are not compatible with ISDN, if this is what you require then please contact the Oxford University Media Production Unit)
If none of this makes any sense to you, or the other venue have asked for any specific info from us (eg. IP Address), then please get us in contact with them. Or for any other enquiries about AG please visit the Access Grid Support Centre website.